DIY Mobile Miter Saw Stand (With Storage!)
I’ve always loved the idea of having a dedicated miter saw station in my workshop, but with my space being so small I knew that I needed something with ample storage. Additionally, I knew that it had to be mobile because my space is so tight that I need a flexible floor plan at all times. So, to help tackle both of those items on my wish list, I created a custom and modular mobile miter saw station with storage cabinets and cubbies.
There are so many things I love about this station…
1. Extra Workshop Storage Not only does this miter saw stand have storage cabinets with adjustable shelving, it also has cubbies built into the sides for more flexible storage of items such as scrap wood. It also has two compartments up top to store other items like measuring tapes and squares.
2. Mobile Base Having a mobile base on my miter station means that I can move it around when I need some extra floor space for projects.
3. Custom Modular Features Because this miter station was made in different sections, it can easily be customized to fit anyone’s saw! I made mine for my 12″ sliding miter saw, but it can be created for any size saw! I also made it the same height as other work surfaces in my shop, which allows me to maneuver and cut longer pieces of wood when I work!
4. T-Track & Custom Fence Adding a custom fence with a built-in Rockler T-Track and fence flip stop has been a game changer! Now I can easily set up repeat cuts on my saw safely!
5. Dust Collection I really wanted to make sure that my dust collection was on point, so I integrated my shop vac into the build and also added an iVac Dust Collector Switch Box so that the vacuum starts up automatically when I power on my saw! Want to see how I made this DREAM miter saw station come to life? Let’s do it! … and if you’re interested in building your own, here are some printable plans (just make sure to build it to the spec of your own saw)!